Sunday 26 July 2015

Da Capo [5]

Junichi: Hmmm....

That should do. The way to set an alarm clock is usually the same no matter what shape it is.

Junichi: Time to go to sleep.

I wondered what kind of dream I will be shown tonight...

I would rather not see any dreams.

...

Sigh...

~

2.25 Mon

...

...

The sound of a motorcycle, a barking dog, and people laughing ----

I could hear the noise of the town through the window.

It felt quite refreshing. The blanket on top of me felt light enough.

I must have slept enough.

...

I suddenly felt lighter. It felt light like the blanket was being removed.

...

It's cold.

I feel the fresh air on me -- but why?

Nemu: How long are you going to sleep?

Whump-----

Junichi: Arrgg!?

I felt an impact on my stomach at the same time as the sound of Nemu's voice.

And -- I felt something hard.

...

Something hard?

I opened my eyes at the strange sensation that was different from normal.

Nemu: Good morning, niisan. You're up!

Nemu was looking into my face as happily as usual. She looked even happier today.

I looked at my body to find an Encyclopedia and a Dictionary 'right' on my stomach...

It even says 'The heaviest dictionary'... is that something to be proud of...?

Junichi: .........

Is it only me who feels her hostility?

Nemu: How long are you going to sleep?

Junichi: ...Until the alarm clock goes off.

Nemu: I want to leave now. Are you awake?

She picked up the books, and tilted her head.

Junichi: ...Yes... I'm wide awake.

Nemu: Ok, then I'm going. You had better hurry up.

She put the books back into the bookcase, and left the room.

Ding-a-ling.

I heard the sound of a bell when she closed the door.

...

Junichi: ...Let's see.

I yawned, and got up from the bed.

~

Everyone was restless this morning, because there was news of a new student arriving today.

I was just resting on my seat, as I didn't care too much that the new girl wouldn't be joining our class.

Falling in love with a new student never happens anyways...

Koyomi: Everyone, take a seat.

The teacher Koyomi-sensei banged her notebook against her desk, trying to clear the restless mood.

Koyomi: We have an exam this week. You'll regret it if you're not ready for it.

She told us in her usual manner.

Is she threatening us?

She said what she needed to say and ended the homeroom meeting.

~

There were only the sounds of chalk writing on the blackboard and pencils scrivvling on notebooks.

Junichi: Oh.

I missed copying down a part which was just erased from the board.

Junichi: Oh no... nah, it's okay.

Nemu was sitting in the middle of the front row -- copying everything down off the blackboard.

I have no worries about taking notes as long as Nemu's in the same class as me.

~

Suginami: All right. Let's go see the girl who just came back from a foreign country.

Suginami came over as soon as the first period teacher had left.

Junichi: Huh?

Nemu: Hm?

The part two who came over had the same blank expression as if I was looking at myself in the mirror.

Suginami: What are you surprised at, Asakura siblings?

Nemu: Well... I didn't think you'd be interested in her. That's a rather lowbrow thing to do.

Nemu smiles, trying to be diplomatic.

Suginami: What do yiu mean, 'lowbrow'? Are you talking about someone ith misshapen features?

Junichi: Well, I can't help your joke, but I think you're not just interested from simple curiosity.

It's obvious to me that all the boys get frantic when they hear the transfer student is pretty, but his case is unusual.

Suginami: Oh, well... Being transferred this close to graduation day sounds fishy. Plus, an expatriate student must be the last boss.

Suginami: In other words, she is the unknown world!!

Nemu: Hmm...

Junichi: Well, I think you should examine yourelf first... Anyway, what kind of conspiracy do you thin she's planning?

I wonder how she could plan a conspiracy in this school.

Suginami: Um... she could drag me down from my top position on exam scores, or she could buy out all the bread at the cafeteria, or she could be actually working for somebody as a maid.

Junichi: That last one sounds very moving. Especially is she cooks.

Nemu: Niisan... I'm hearing a hidden meaning in what you just said.

Junichi: Really?

I didn't mean our dietary habits are desperately poor, and I shouldn't give anyone the slightest hint.

Junichi: So, what's going on with you, Nemu?

I throw her a question just because I want to distract from Suginami's topic.

Nemu: Well... I'm kinda having an uneasy feeling.

Junichi: I think the reception isn't working. Why don't you go up on the rooftop?

I point at the bobbing sensor on her head.

Nemu: It's not a TV antenna!

Suginami: It's bed hair, isn't it?

Suginami bends double, clutching the bridge of his nose.

Nemu got him with her super-fast trick.

Junichi: You fool... You don't know that hair is dearer than life itself for girls.

Nemu: How could you say that, niisan?

Nemu stares at me, strocking the antenna on her head.

Suginami stands up, holding onto the desk.

Nemu: What happened to you?

Suginami: Oooh... I think there must be a space-time structure around you.

Junichi: What a stupid thing to say. It's the act of the devil right next to you... Hm?

Nemu: What?

Suginami: A cat?

There is a commotion going on in the hallway.

Junichi: What's going on?

With identical curious expressions, the three of us go out to the hallway.

Nemu: What are that crowd doing?

Nemu's pointing at a storm of girls.

School girl: Wow, she's so cute~! Hey, girl, would you like to eat this snack?

School girl: Look this way~!

A mysterious voice: Wah, no! Don't pull~!

I see a girl in the center of the tempest, but I can barely see her hand sticking up, since she's very short.

Suginami: Is she the transfer student we were talking about?

Junichi: Probably... But she's so popular.

A mysterious voice: Move! Move away...!!!

Junichi: Hmm? I've heard that voice somewhere before.

Nemu: Oh, you, too?

Nemu's deep in thought, tilting her head with knitted brows.

Junichi: What is this voice? I feel like running away when I hear it.

Nemu: I don't know what it it.

Suginami: Hey guys, don't just stand there. You're gonna be caught up in this.

Just as we're about to escape into the classroom at Suginami's call, I feel like I saw a familiat creature among the crowd.

Junichi: Uh? What? Sakuranbo?

A mysterious voice: Oniichan?!

The familiar face dashes out of the crowd.

Junichi: What?!

I feel dizzy. She looks exactly the same as Sakuranbo did, six years ago.

Sakura: Yeah, it's my oniichan~!

Sakura barrels into me like a ton of bricks.

Slam!

Junichi: .........

Nemu: .........

Suginami: .........

Sakura: Ouch...

Nemu held onto Sakura's forehead not to let her go.

Suginami: What a great performance.

Nemu: Ahahahahaha... hahh.

Nemu takes a sigh after letting out a laugh.

Sakura: You hurt me, Nemu-chan.

Nemu: Oh, I'm sorry. That was just a reflex.

Junichi: Wait a second.

I step forward, pushing Nemu out of the way.

Junichi: Are you the real Sakuranbo, my sister?

Sakura: Oh, I like how you call me.

...

No way. I feel dizzy.

Without doubt,

Impossible,

The size of her body hasn't changed since she left six years ago.

Sakura: Ehehe... Can you stroke my sore forehead, oniichan?

Junichi: .........

She sticks out her light-skinned forehead to me, fixing her bangs.

When I look around, I see everybody closely watching every move we make in this surprising development.

Would they like it if I flip her forehead now?

Suginami: Is this unknown creature your friend?

He's the only one doing things at his own pace.

Junichi: I don't have a Lolita complex, Suginami.

Nemu: Don't lose your grip on reality, niisan. She's the real Sakura.

Nemu must be confused as well. She tugs my sleeve with a strange expression.

I see... She is Sakura Yoshino.

Junichi: Hold on, Nemu! It's impossible for that to be true.

I put my hand on the girl's head, which gives you an idea of how small she is.

Sakura: I don't like to judge people by their appearance, but I like you.

The girl gives a squeeze around my waist, or better to say my thighs.

School girl: Whoa!

School girl: I want to be squeezed like that!

Suginami: But, it's 'Lo'.

Junichi: Quiet!

Suginami: My, my... There is a burning flame of possessive feeling all over.

Junichi: ----!

I scream without a sound.

Sakura: Hey, oniichan. Don't you believe me yet? I just came all the way home, but you haven't said 'welcome home' to me.

Junichi: Well... that's enough joking around. You must be Sakura's younger sister or a relative. Right?

Sakura: It's me.

Junichi: Can you prove it?

Sakura: Well... I don't have anything to show you, but... Oh, there was this secret between us. A long time ago, there was something you did under a girl's skirt-

Slam!

Feeling like a kidnapper, I covered the girl's mouth, realizing she's got to be the real Sakura to know this stuff.

Junichi: ..........

Nemu: .........

Suginami: .........

Junichi: Oh, I have to go back to study.

On my way back to the classroom, Mako peeks out through the door.

Mako: What's going on out there?

Junichi: You...

Mako: U?

Junichi: It's just a youthful enthusiasm~!

Mako: Who cares!

She shuts the door.

~

Koyomi: ...okay, that's it for today. Mako?

The teacher banged her desk with the notebook again and prompted the class prefect to dismiss the class.

Junichi: Yes!

I punched the air triumphantly under the desk.

It was five minutes earlier than usual.

Mako: Stand up... and bow.

Focus on my lower body.

I bowed to the teacher while focusing on my lower body... I mean, on my legs. LEGS.

Junichi: (Sakura won't let me go for one hour if the lunch break starts...)

---- I was struggling inside, thinking about how she would feel if she finds out that I was avoiding her.

Nemu: Why are you standing up half way?

Nemu passed next to me while checking her purse.

Junichi: That's unusual... Did you forget your lunch today?

She usually brings in her lunch, unlike me, deciding what to eat for my lunch everyday.

Nemu: No... I was just going to eat at the cafeteria today.

She sounded slightly sulky.

Junichi: Why only today?

Nemu: Hey... don't you know girls at my age are complicated?

She turned around, and left the classroom.

Junichi: Hmmm.

I was confused, I couldn't even understand Nemu.

Junichi: ...I'd better fix it.

I stared at Mako stretching.

Mako: ...What? Why are you staring at me?

Junichi: It's nothing. I like your scaru glare.

Mako: ...Pathetic. I've got to go, my sister's waiting.

I waved back at her, and watched her backing away.

Junichi: Now.

I headed out of the classroom door.

[Choice]
classroom
- hallway
- courtyard
- rooftop
- cafeteria

No comments:

Post a Comment