Sunday 26 July 2015

Da Capo [6]

Well, it would be pathetic to try to avoid her when we've just been reunited after six years.

Junichi: I don't think anything bad will happen.

I'm sure Sakura has matured emotionally. I hope.

I don't think she's likely to hit me without reason, or shout without understanding.

Junichi: I know I lost my cool a little bit when I was reunited with her out of the blue.

Looking out the window for no reason, I smile.

Mako: What are you up to, Asakura?

Mako makes a face at me as she passes me.

...

After a while, I spot an object like an ear peeking in and out from behind the door.

It tries to come out, swings around, and then goes back quickly again.

Junichi: What are you doing here?

Sakura: Waa!

Junichi: Oops!

She starts to fall over in surprise, so I catch her.

The weight in my arms really feels as light as a child.

Junichi: Oops, I pulled your arms. Are you okay?

She looks wobbly, so I let her stand up first, watching her face.

Sakura: .........

Sakura: Ahahaha... You're my oniichan. You're so nice.

Junichi: Don't be silly!

My cheeks flush when I hear her bold remark.

Sakura Teehee... Would you like to eat something now?

Junichi: At lunchtime, everybody's supposed to eat lunch.

I go back to the classroom with this blunt reply.

Sakura: Excuse me~.

I'm struck by a sense of nostalgia when she follows me.

After I make sure the seat in front of me's empty, I turn it around toward me.

Sakura: Thanks.

Junichi: I usually do this, so there's nothing to thank me for.

Sakura: Haha. You're still the same. Thank God, you haven't changed at all.

Junichi: What about?

Sakura: But you're not doing this in exchange for something, are you?

Junichi: Generally, it's a normal thing to do.

I give a sigh, resting my cheek on my hand.

Why does she want to overinterpret my actions like this?

Sakura: Oh, where's Nemu-chan?

Before sitting down, Sakura looks around the classroom and tilts her head like a metronome.

Junichi: Well, she usually eats in the classroom, but she must be at the dining hall for a change today.

I sigh and sit down, ignoring the curious eyes of my classmates.

Sakura: I see. Oh, well. What did you bring today, oniichan?

Opening the little lunch box in her hand, Sakura tilts her head the other way this time.

Junichi: I'm on a diet.

What can I do with no lunch box and no time to go to the dining hall or the shop?

Sakura: Okay then... Do you want to eat some of these?

The lunch box she shows me has rice with scrambled eggs, fried egg and bunny-shaped apple pieces.

Junichi: It's okay. I could eat all that with one bite.

Sakura: Oh come on... then, you can eat all of them.

Junichi: Don't worry about me! You should eat.

I press her head down to bring her face close to her lunchbox.

Sakura: Ow, ow, ow!

Junichi: Damn! You've got to get bigger by eating everything you can.

Sakura: I do eat everything, though. What's wrong with being short?

Oh.

Now I remember, she's been self-conscious about her height since she was little.

Junichi: Sorry.

Sakura: ...? What?

Junichi: Well, nothing.

I feel like laughing all of a sudden, but instead, I shake my head and close my eyes.

Junichi: Go ahead and eat!

Sakura: Sure.

Sakuranbo eats happily, holding her chopsticks uncertainly.

Sakura: It's good.

Junichi: Good for you... I didn't make it, though.

Sakura: Haha...

Her beautiful smile makes me warm.

I'm not sure if our relationshp has changed or not, but I'm okay with what we have now.

Well, it gets to start all over again.

Sakura: It's so delicious.

Sakura talks to me in between every bite she takes.

I know I was hungry, but somehow today I feel full without bothering.

~

Junichi: (Why do I get so sleepy in the afternoon class...?)

We were in the Literature class. The teacher was talking about how the main character felt in the story.

It's no use trying to understand how someone in a book feels.

I believe we should be studying how the reader felt from reading the story...

...

I think I'll study in my sleep.

~

Koyomi: As you must all know, the final exam will be this Friday and Saturday. You had better study hard. You won't be able to pass if your score's too low.

Koyomi: Oh, yes. I'll let you pass if you cooperate on my project.

Koyomi-sensei then dismissed the class.

~

...

Junichi: (She'll let anyone pass the class...?)

It sounds the same as being promoted for dying on duty...

Anyway, I had better think of a plan.

Soon Sakura will be here too.

I guess I can wait for her at the school gate...

[Choice]
- shopping district
- cherry blossom trees
- Asakura's house
- Kazami Academy
- Sakura Park

No comments:

Post a Comment