Tuesday 10 March 2015

Dramatical Murder - The Delivery

The Delivery

The next day.

I go to work at Heibon as always and look after the shop from behind the counter.

Ow, ow, ow...

I get my usual headache and massage the inner corners of my eyes with my index finger and thumb.

My head's felt heavy ever since this morning.

Even after I took my medicine after breakfast...
Did I catch a cold?

Haga: Aoba-kun, I'd like to ask you to do a little delivery.

Rattling noises come from the back of the store as well as Haga-san's voice.

Aoba: Ah, I'll help. ...!

My legs wobble when I try to stand up.
I instantly push my hand onto the counter.

Haga: Aoba-kun, are you all right?

Aoba: Sorry, I feel a little dizzy.

Haga: Please sit down. I can do it. ...Huuun! Ha! Hiiya! Phew.

Aoba: .....

Haga: Hm? What's the matter, Aoba-kun?

Aoba: Ah, no, I just thought that was pretty amazing.

Haga: Oh, it wasn't anything like that. Hahaha.

Bonjin: Cleaning, cleaning.

Haga-san's Allmate Bonjin-kun comes up and whirls around him.

Haga: Ah, Bonjin-kun. Please take care of the back.

Bonjin: Back, back.

Bonjin-kun returns to the back of the shop.

Haga: Ah, yes. Could I ask you to deliver this item for me?

Haga-san takes a small paper bag out of his pocket.

Haga: The order came in the middle of the night from yesterday's visitor, it's specified as a special delivery.

When I see the slip of the paper bag, I notice that the address is in the East District like we are.
It would be faster to deliver this directly.

Haga: Since one of our contractors is coming soon, I cannot leave the shop. I'm sorry.

Aoba: It's okay. I'll leave right away.

Haga: Thank you very much.

Haga-san smiles and walks towards the stairs to the basement.

My head still feels heavy.
...But it's my job. I'll have to try my best.

I tap my forehead lightly, get myself together, and let out a short breath.

I take my bag close to me with Ren in it and leave the shop with the paper bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment