Sunday 8 March 2015

Da Capo II - Yoshino Sakura

Yoshino Sakura

I left the classroom as soon as homeroom ended.

I headed to...


Yoshiyuki: The principal's office...

I wasn't called in for doing something bad.

Well, I have been called in for that before, but not today.

I have something to deliver.

--Knock, knock.

Yoshiyuki: Excuse me!

I didn't hear any response after I knocked.

Yoshiyuki: Maybe she's out.

I turned the doorknob and it was unlocked.

Maybe she just stepped out for a few minutes...

I guess I'll wait inside, then.

The room was decorated in Japanese style, unsuited for a principal's office.

Every winter there was even a kotatsu there.

Harimao: Ahn!

I heard an animal crying, so I looked in the middle of the room and saw a strange creature.

Harimao: Ahn!

This creature's name is Harimao.

This dog... belonged to the principal.

...It doesn't look like it, but I think it's a dog.

At least its owner said it's a dog.

Yoshiyuki: Yo, Harimao. Where's your master?

Harimao: Ahn, ahn!!

Harimao became playful while swinging his huge tail, even though it didn't look like it was supposed to belong to a dog.

He's so friendly and cute that oddly enough, I didn't care whether he was a dog or not.

Harimao: Ahn, ahn...

Yoshiyuki: Hey, stop... Don't lick me...

Harimao: Ahn!

Yoshiyuki: Oh, maybe you want that...

Harimao: Ahn, ahn.

Harimao is a strange dog; he loves Japanese sweets.

I give him Japanese sweets all the time so that's why he loves me more than most others.

Yoshiyuki: Okay, okay... Here, I'll give you some, so calm down. Sit!

Harimao: Ahn!

Harimao must have understood what I said. He stopped being playful and sat down.

Although the principal is his owner, this principal's office is Harimao's den.

I've seen him outside on occasion, so there must be a secret exit somewhere...

Yoshiyuki: Hang on, I'll get it out now...

As I talked to him, I tried to concentrate on my right hand.

Yoshiyuki: Here!

The next moment, a dorayaki appeared in the palm of my hand.

I did it.

Yoshiyuki: Look, it's a dorayaki today.

Harimao: Ahn! Ahn!

As he swung his huge tail, Harimao grabbed the dorayaki and gobbled it up.

Yoshiyuki: Good day, nice appetite...

In fact...

I could use magic.

A long time ago, someone taught me this strange power.

It's the power to make Japanese sweets appear in my hand.

It's too fairy tale-like to call it a psychic power, but it's too meek to call it witchcraft. That's the type of magic I have.

The only time I can think of my special ability being useful is when I can help hungry people.

Eating it myself really doesn't make much of a difference...

Harimao: Ahn!

Harimao was one of the few friends who appreciated my magic.

Although he is a dog...

Sakura: Oh, you're here...

I heard the door open and saw a small figure come in.

Sakura: Sorry Yoshiyuki-kun. I had to go to the faculty room...

Yoshiyuki: That's okay, I let myself in.

This woman, who looked like a little girl, was the principal of the Kazami Academy, Yoshino Sakura-san.

Because of her adorable and young appearance, people who have visited the Kazami Academy had hard time believing it, but she is our principal.

From what I've heard, she holds several doctorate degrees...

Appearances can be deceiving.

Harimao: Ahn!

As he made a happy noise, the doglike creature jumped onto Sakura-san's head.

I guess that is Harimao's place to be.

Sakura: Hmm? Did you get a treat from Yoshiyuki-kun again?

Harimao: Ahn!

Sakura: Was it a dorayaki, this time? Hmm, what am I going to do with you? Sorry about that, Yoshiyuki-kun.

Yoshiyuki: Oh, don't worry. I just happened to have one with me...

Sakura: I see. Thanks.

She smiled at me.

I've asked her age before, but she just told me that it's not polite to ask a lady her age and dodged the question.

Yoshiyuki: Ah, by the way... Here it is, the paperwork you forgot. It was left on the desk.

I handed her a big envelope full of paperwork she had left at home.

Sakura: Oh, thank you. Yeah, this is it. I thought I left home with it. Thank you, Yoshiyuki-kun.

Yoshiyuki: Don't let that happen again.

Sakura: Uh-huh, I'll be careful!

The fact is that I live in Sakura-san's house.

Therefore, Sakura-san and I are like a family. Actually, she's like my guardian.

Yoshiyuki: Okay, I'm going back to the classroom.

Sakura: Already? I'll make some tea. I got some interesting tea leaves.

Yoshiyuki: But class is starting...

Sakura: Hey, forget about class.

How could she say that as a principal...?

Yoshiyuki: No, I'll be scolded.

Sakura: If someone were to scold you, I'd scold them for you.

Yoshiyuki: That's not the point.

Sakura: Ha, ha, ha, I guess you're right... Okay, have fun in the class.

Yoshiyuki: I sure will...

Sakura: Come on Harimao, say goodbye too.

Harimao: Ahn, ahn!

Sakura: See you!

Yoshiyuki: .........

I shrugged my shoulders and left the principal's office.

No comments:

Post a Comment