Wednesday 11 March 2015

Da Capo II - Making Dinner with Otome

Making Dinner with Otome

Otome: Otouto-kun, could you pass me the bottle of mirin?

Yoshiyuki: Here you are.

The smell of something good wafted from the simmering pot.

Otome: Hmm, it needs something else.

Yoshiyuki: Here's some soy sauce.

Otome: Thanks.

Oto-nee added a little soy sauce to the pot to adjust the taste.

She scooped a little sauce with a ladle to taste.

Otome: Good, this is looking good. Here, Otouto-kun. What do you think?

She brought the ladle closer to my mouth.

Otome: Say aaaahhhh.

Yoshiyuki: Don't say that.

I took a sip of the broth.

I taste just the right amount of soy sauce and mirin mixed in the sauce.

It tasted perfect.

Yoshiyuki: Yeah, this is great.

Otome: Okay, it's done.

Otome turned the stove off and smiled.

Otome: How's the fish doing?

Yoshiyuki: It looks great.

I answered, as I looked at the grill.

Otome and I were fixing dinner.

This was nothing unusual for us.

Otome's house was next door, so she usually came over to my place, and we'd fix and eat dinner together. We'd spend some time together after dinner, and then she'd go home.

Since I moved to the Yoshino residence half a year ago, this has been happening almost everyday.

I didn't mind it at all.

Yoshiyuki: Hey Yume, get some plates ready.

There was one more.

I told Yume, who was probably relaxing in the living room.

Yume: Eh? Do I have to?

She replied lazily.

Otome: Yume-chan!

Yume: Nope, I'm just kidding.

Yume sluggishly dragged herself to the kitchen.

She was wearing a jersey shirt and glasses, aka a totally relaxed wardrobe.

She looked so different from when she was at school.

Yume: Oh my, you two look cute together. You look like newlyweds.

Otome: N-Newlyweds? W-What are you saying, Yume-chan? Stop that.

Oto-nee fumbled with the edge of her apron while standing next to me.

Why is she being bashful?

Yume: As your SISTER, I feel terrible interrupting you two when you're having so much fun together.

Yoshiyuki: Okay, that's enough. Get some plates ready.

Yume: Sure thing. You're no fun, Nii-san.

Dinner was served on the plates Yume put out.

Cooked potatoes, grilled salmon, steamed rice, and miso soup.

Otome: Do we really look like newlyweds...?

Oto-nee was still off in her own world.

No comments:

Post a Comment