Friday 13 March 2015

Da Capo II - Going to School with Otome and Yume

Going to School with Otome and Yume

Otome: Do you have everything?

Oto-nee asked me as she locked the front door.

Oto-nee locked the Yoshino house's door pretty often.

It seemed rather strange, but it happened all the time.

Yoshiyuki: Ah!

Otome: What is it? Did you forget something?

Yoshiyuki: My lunch.

Otome: Hurry up and go get it... Wait, do you usually bring your lunch?

Yoshiyuki: No, not usually, but I want to take my lunch today.

Otome: There isn't enough time to make it now, though.

She said with a sigh.

Yoshiyuki: Yes, there is. Anything is possible, as long as you don't give up.

Otome: The impossible is impossible. Look at the time.

She showed me her watch.

Yoshiyuki: You can do it, Oto-nee.

Otome: What? I'm the one making it?

Yoshiyuki: Sure, because you're a good cook.

Otome: .........

Yoshiyuki: Your homemade lunch will give me something to look forward to, and I'll be able to concentrate on my studying.

Otome: .........

Yoshiyuki: Listen, I'll concentrate at least three times more than usual.

Rattle, rattle.

Yoshiyuki: Why are you unlocking the door?

Otome: I'm going to make lunch for you!

Her sleeves were already up, and she was ready to do it.

Yoshiyuki: But there isn't enough time, though.

Otome: In this world, anything is possible, as long as you don't give up.

Yoshiyuki: No way, that's impossible. Look at the time.

I showed her my phone.

Wait, our positions were switched.

Otome: Oooh.

Oto-nee looked at my phone wistfully.

Yume: Excuse me, I don't mind you enjoying this newlywed routine first thing in the morning, but I'm going to leave without you.

Yume reservedly spoke to us from just up ahead.

Yoshiyuki: We're coming.

I walked quickly and caught up with her.

Otome: Ah, wait for me.

Oto-nee caught up, too.

The three of us were side by side.

Yoshiyuki: Shall we go?

The three of us were walking down the street to school as usual.

Otome: If you want to bring your lunch, you need to let me know the day before. That way, I can prepare it ahead of time.

Yoshiyuki: No, I can't. I'm a man who lives by following his inspirations. My mood at the time determines those things.

Yume: That's what's called living haphazardly.

Otome: That's not good. You have to live purposefully.

Yume: It's no use telling Nii-san that. He always studies like mad the night before his tests.

Yoshiyuki: So do you.

Yume: Well, I get good grades.

I couldn't say anything because she was telling the truth.

By the way, how can she get good grades when she's always wasting her time lazily at home?

Yume: I'm different from you.

She smiled provokingly.

Yoshiyuki: Fool, don't underestimate me, okay? I just didn't study, that's all. I usually pretend to be studying during the exam period, but I actually play RPGs that I beat ages ago... Also, I read a complete set of my favorite manga. If I studied earnestly, I would be getting the best grades in the academy.

Otome: Hmm, is that so.

Yoshiyuki: Shit.

I forgot Oto-nee was here.

Otome: You just pretended to be studying but you werre really playing games and reading manga, huh?

Yoshiyuki: Ah, well, I mean...

Otome: I was actually relieved that even you studied during test period.

She came closer to me.

Otome: You've been deceiving Onee-chan, haven't you?

Yoshiyuki: N-No, I didn't mean to deceive you, really.

Otome: For now on, let's study together. I'll help teach you.

Her face was smiling, but her eyes weren't.

Oto-nee's right hand on my shoulder terrified me greatly.

Yoshiyuki: Yes, I'll be glad to.

That was all I could say.

Yume: Mooo-ron!

Yume muttered wearily next to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment