Tuesday 10 March 2015

Da Capo II - Eating Crepes with Yume

Eating Crepes with Yume

Yume: Yummy!

Yume wore an expression of bliss beside me.

Just watching her being happy made me feel content.

As if!

Yoshiyuki: Don't eat too much. You won't be able to eat dinner.

Yume: Don't worry. Sweets have their own spot in my stomach.

Yoshiyuki: You'll be fat.

Yume: Don't worry about that, either. I'm the type who never gets fat.

Yoshiyuki: Don't underestimate the power of calories! A body that never gets fat is merely an illusion of the common people! The moment you let your guard down, you'll come to regret it!

Yume: Nope. I'm talking from experience.

If those women who were having a hard time trying to lose weight heard her, she would be in big trouble.

Yume: Aren't you going to eat anything?

Yoshiyuki: What and how to you want me to eat?

I held up my hands.

Of course there was nothing in my hands.

On the other hand, Yume had a crepe in each hand.

Fresh raspberry crepe.

Strawberry ice cream crepe.

Both of them were financed by my wallet.

Both of them were being consumed by Yume.

This is a prime example of how irrational the world is.

All I had for lunch was yakisoba bread...

Yoshiyuki: A certain someone somehwhere is eating my share.

Yume: I see... That's too bad. But you lost the game of rock-paper-scissors, so you have to suffer the consequences. Right, loser?

She smiled at me.

Yoshiyuki: Damn.

I couldn't say anything.

Like a howling dog, I looked up to the sky.

It was winter and the sun went down early. It was already getting dark.

The wind felt even colder.

My wallet was feeling sadly empty as well.

Yume: Oh, what am I going to do with you... Here.

Yoshiyuki: Hmm?

A sweet smell reached my nose.

Yume: You can take a bite Nii-san, you poor loser.

I saw a half eaten crepe in front of my face.

Yoshiyuki: That's okay.

Yume: Don't be shy. Compassion is not for the benefit of others. No, that's not how it's used.

Yoshiyuki: We'd be kissing indirectly.

Yume: We're brother and sister, so don't think of it that way.

Yoshiyuki: Guhh.

Yume shoved the half eaten crepe into my mouth.

I tasted the whipped cream's sweetness in my mouth.

The tangy raspberry sauce provided an accent against the sweetness.

Yume: See? Isn't it delicious?

Yume looked into my face with satisfaction.

Yoshiyuki: Yeah, this is tasty. But I have whipped cream all over around my mouth.

Yume: Lucky you. Go ahead and lick it.

Yoshiyuki: .........

I stuck my tongue out and licked it.

It tasted bitter, like defeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment