Monday 9 March 2015

Da Capo II - Before the Assembly

Before the Assembly

Wataru: Hey, the school-wide assembly's next. It's in the gym.

Yoshiyuki: Enh, I'll pass.

Wataru: Don't be ridiculous, come on, let's go.

Yoshiyuki: I'm starving, I don't want to move.

I spoke with my face planted into the desk.

Wataru: What happened during luncg, anyway? Suginami's totally excited, and your cheek is swollen.

Yoshiyuki: I don't want to remember.

I got punched by a robot and missed my lunch.

My cheek is still throbbing.

Was that girl really a robot?

As I thought about it calmly, it sure sounded dubious for her to be a robot.

How could a robot have such lively expressions?

And punch a human autonomously?

It had to be impossible.

I felt like Mizukoshi-sensei was working on this massive prank.

Well, I'll probably never see her again, so I really don't care.

Wataru: I'm curious to know what happened, but you should at least wake up for now. If you don't, I'll go on ahead without you.

Yoshiyuki: Okay, okay.

I lifted my head.

My stomach growled.

Then my eyes met Anzu's eyes.

Anzu: Oh, here's some left over yakisoba bread from lunch. I'm already full, too... What should I do?

She walked up to me while speakung in an intentional monotone.

She had a menacing grin on her face.

She showed off the yakisoba bread.

It was obvious that she was trying to provoke me.

Damnit...

Yoshiyuki: Don't underestimate me, Yukimura Anzu.

Anzu: Hmm?

Yoshiyuki: I am the man who was taught the ways of statesmanship since my birth, so that I may one day stand and bear the fate of Japan. Do you really think you can provoke me with mere yakisoba bread? Don't make me laugh. Ha, ha, ha, ha! Please, call me Dog.

Anzu: Dog...

Yoshiyuki: Woof!

That was an obedient bark.

Wataru: ...Don't you have any pride?

Wataru spoke in amazement.

Yoshiyuki: Fool! Pride won't fill my stomach! This is capitalism in action!

Wataru: I don't think it has anything to do with capitalism though.

Anzu: Shake...

Yoshiyuki: Woof!

I gave her my right hand.

Anzu: Again...

Yoshiyuki: Woof!

I gave my left hand.

Anzu: Wait...

Yoshiyuki: Huff, huff, huff, huff.

It was a perfect display of acting.

I'd do anything for yakisoba bread.

Anzu: Beg me...

.........

The classroom went silent.

W-What did she just say?

When I looked at Anzu's face, she wore a merciless grin.

Anzu: Come on. Beg. Me.

She said, spinning sweetly dominating words.

The classroom murmured.

Wataru: W-Woooow!

Wataru was doubled over next to me.

Koko: H-Hey, Anzu, stop that already.

Koko came over with a beet red face.

Akane: She's right, Anzu-chan. You shouldn't say "beg me" like that!

Koko: You shouldn't say that either, Akane!

Akane: What am I not supposed to say?

Koko: I said don't say "beg"...

Everyone in the classroom looked at Koko.

Koko: ...I-I won't say that.

Anzu: I don't know what you're thinking Koko, but this is a trick for a dog.

Akane: Yes. Koko-chan has a good imagination.

Anzu: By the way, there are several theories, but the linguistic root of the trick's name comes from bedecian, while the meaning you're thinking of comes from something different entirely.

Anzu shared her knowledge of trivia. That must be thanks to the Yukimura Memorization Method.

Anzu: I know. It's nothing alike. I wonder what Koko-chan was imagining.

What a team.

Koko: Ooo.

Koko's face was beet red, and she was confused.

Their attention turned to teasing Koko.

Actually it was kind of fun looking at this.

My stomach growled.

Anzu: Here, go ahead and eat.

Yoshiyuki: Are you sure?

Anzu: Yeah. It was Koko's anyway.

Akane: Koko-chan bought it for you, just in case.

Thanks Koko, you're great.

Yoshiyuki: Thank you, Koko.

Koko: Ooo, leave me alone.

Koko's droopy eyes were filling up with tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment