Tuesday 10 March 2015

Da Capo II - Asakura Yume

Asakura Yume

Damn that Wataru.

It was already getting late when I checked the time on my phone.

After that, Wataru and the guys interrogated me about Oto-nee, and I was finally freed just a little bit ago.

Yoshiyuki: Brrr...

As soon as I left the school's entranceway, the temperature suddenly plummeted.

The cold wind blew on me, and I huddled up.

Yoshiyuki: ...And yet...

I saw the pink scenery ahead of me.

The cherry blossoms were in full bloom.

Cherry blossom trees surrounded the academy and their petals were flying everywhere in the air.

Yes, this is scenery of spring, there's no question about it!

Yoshiyuki: The scenery and the temperature don't match.

I couldn't help complaining.

Of course, that wouldn't change anything though.

But I just couldn't help it when I faced the gap between the temperature and the scenery I saw.

On this island, the cherry blossoms are in bloom all year long.

Twenty-four hours a day.

Three hundred sixty five days a year,

All year long.

The cherry blossoms bloomed as if they were crazy.

According to the weather forecast, today's high temperature was supposed to be zero Celsius.

People could enjoy blooming cherry blossoms in the freezing cold during the middle of winter.

At least, it was possible here on Hatsune Island.

Of course, nobody would even try to do something that crazy.

I walked with my hands in my coat pockets.

Yoshiyuki: This is a perfect day to stay at home and keep myself under the kotatsu.

I looked ahead of me.

As I approached the school gate...

I saw a bored-looking figure leaning against the wall.

Yoshiyuki: Is that... Yume?

She checked her watch, and then looked up at the sky to exhale white puffs of breath.

She hugged herself in order to stay warm.

The ribbon on her uniform was swaying in the wind.

She looked very cold.

Yoshiyuki: ...What is she doing in this cold weather?

I walked up to her quieckly.

Yoshiyuki: Hey, are you waiting for someone?

Yume: Eh?

Yume turned at me with a surprised look.

Yume: Ah, Nii-san. What a coincidence.

She smiled a bit.

Yoshiyuki: This isn't a coincidence. How could I miss you if you were standing right here?

Yume: That's not so. There are no absolutes in this world, you know.

Yume bounced away from the wall she was leaning against.

Yume: Anyway, are you going home now?

Yoshiyuki: Yeah. Are you meeting with someone?

Yume: Nope. I thought maybe I'd go home with you.

Yoshiyuki: I see. Okay, see you tomorrow, then!

I gave her a refreshing smile, said goodbue, and walked past Yume.

Yoshiyuki: Gah-

My collar was grabbed from behind.

My body was forced to turn around.

Yume: Nope, I thought maybe I'd go home with you, Nii-san.

She was smiling.

It was a scary smile.

Yoshiyuki: .........

Yume: .........

Yoshiyuki: .........

Yume: .........

Yoshiyuki: .........

Yume: .........

Yoshiyuki: W-What's that look for, ma'am?

I couldn't help but speak politely.

My voice cracked at the end.

Yume: I'm hungry.

Yoshiyuki: Huh?

Yume: I said I'm hungry. I had to wait for a long time because you were so late. I was bored, I was cold, it's about to snow, and boys I don't even know talked to me. It was horrible, so show some responsibility.

Yoshiyuki: And none of that's my fault.

Yume: Ah, how can you say that? I was waiting for my beloved Nii-san in this cold weather.

Yoshiyuki: I didn't ask you to wait for me, did I?

Yume: Ggh.

Yoshiyuki: You just want my money, don't you?

Yume: Yep. Why else would I want for you for? Besides, as collateral you get to walk with your cute little sister. Don't you think that's worth it?

Why are you stressing the sister part?

A cute little sister, huh?

I'm not saying Yume isn't cute.

Even if I wasn't her family, she would be in the cute girl category.

According to rumor, there's a secret fan club for her and besides, she is Oto-nee's younger sister after all.

But her personality is...

Yume: Ah! You were just thinking something rude, weren't you?

Yoshiyuki: Of course not, ma'am.

I answered immediately.

Yoshiyuki: Just so you know... Your true colors are showing.

Yuke: Urk.

Yume faltered just a little.

Yume: ...It-It's okay. There's nobody around us.

She looked around.

Yume: By the way, I'm starving, Nii-san.

She spoke sweetly.

Her voice could melt anybody with a thing for little sisters.

Her voice was such a sweet temptation, anyone would give in.

However, I wouldn't.

Nowadays, an older brother's job isn't to spoil his younger sister, but instead to be firm with her.

The era of spoiling sisters has ended!

So I spoke with firm volition.

Yoshiyuki: I am terribly sorry, but I, Sakurai Yoshiyuki, am... I am working on being a firm Japanese citizen who can say "no" when I need to...

Yume: Ni-i-s-a-n? Fe-ed-me-please?

Yoshiyuki: What would you like to eat today?

It was a quick attack.

It was a total defeat.

I hated myself for my weak will.

Yume: Crepes! I heard the crepe shop at Sakura Park has new varities. Let's go.

She turned around, and started walking without waiting for my reply.

I guess this is how a girl with a patron bahaves.

I should have known.

Yume: Hey, hurry up, I'm going to leave you.

Yume turned around ahead of me.

Yoshiyuki: That's fine with me.

Yume: Hey, you aren't thinking about running away, are you?

Yume turned around and walked back to me with a pout, and then grabbed my hand.

I felt her soft hand.

Yume: Give up already. Come on, let's go.

She pulled me behind her.

Yoshiyuki: I won't run.

Yume: I don't believe you.

Yoshiyuki: Don't you believe your own brother? I'm so sad.

Yume: That kind of an attitude is exactly the reason why I don't believe you.

She looked the other way.

Yoshiyuki: Besides, if someone saw us like this, they would think we were in love...

Yume: Come on, let's go, hurry up and walk.

She held my hand even tighter.

Her hand felt so warm in the cold winter air.

Then she dragged me along and forced me to go with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment