Tuesday 10 March 2015

Da Capo II - Asakura Otome

Asakura Otome

The all-school assembly ended, and everyone lazily filed back to their classrooms.

Koko: I admire Otome-sempai.

Wataru: Me too! She is like the best older sister possible, isn't she?

Koko: Yeah. She's reliable, sweet, and beautiful.

Wataru: Ah, I envy you, Yoshiyuki!

Quit saying that already.

Akane: Speak of the devil.

Akane pointed ahead of her.

There was Oto-nee, surrounded by a crowd of students.

Student: President, what should we do about the navigation and the safety issues regarding crowding?

Otome: We'll talk about that issue during tomorrow's meeting. Please prepare a plan before the meeting.

Student: Okay, I understand.

Student: Otome-sempai, to make announcements over the PA work more smoothly during the party, I think we should talk to the broadcasting club...

Otome: Ah, I've already talked to the head of the broadcasting club, so please get together with them and make arrangements among yourselves.

Student: I understand, Otome-sempai.

Student: Asakura-san, regarding the ingredients for the temporary cafeteria organized by the cooking club...

Otome: I already placed an order yesterday. It should arrive next Tuesday. Please check with Mayuki for more details.

Student: Okay, I'll check with Kousaka-san.

Everyone asked her one question after another, and Otome answered each one efficiently.

However, the number of students surrounding her didn't decrease.

Yoshiyuki: She looks as busy as always.

Anzu: There's not much time left before the Christmas party.

Koko: But she's great, taking care of things so efficiently.

Wataru: She's like perfect, ideal, and the greatest.

Akane: Yet she isn't boastful at all.

Koko: I know. She's always fair with everyone, she's just so cool.

Everyone was praising her.

I could totally understand what everyone was saying.

Oto-nee surely was an ideal older sister.

Anzu: There's an exception though...

Anzu muttered quietly.

She's right, there is an exception.

My eyes met with Oto-nee's eyes.

Her eyes opened widely.

Then Oto-nee smiled.

Otome: Ahh! I found you, Otouto-kun!

Yoshiyuki: Wah!

It was too late.

Before I could do anything, Oto-nee ran up to me.

Otome: Eh, heh, hee.

Oto-nee panted as she stood in front of me.

She was smiling so weetly, her smile could melt me.

Otome: Ah, come on, make sure you button up.

She came closer to me and reached for my collar.

Otome: What am I goin to do with you, Otouto-kun?

She was so close to me.

Her sweet scent tickled my nose.

It was just like a newlywed going, "Dear, your necktie isn't straight. What ever would you do without me?"

Wait.

Yoshiyuki: No, that's too tight.

Otome: You have to. How you dress shows how you are on the inside. You have to button up.

She buttoned up my collar as she spoke to me.

Otome: Here. Good!

She looked satisfied.

Otome: Mmm, what else?

Yoshiyuki: I-I'm fine! By the way, are ou sure you should be doing this now? Aren't you in the middle of working?

Otome: That's okay, don't worry about that!

She answered immediately.

This isn't okay at all!

Can't you feel it? Everyone is looking at us.

Male Student: (Damn it! I envy him.)

Female Student: (Hey, is there something going on between them?)

Female Student: (The rumor is they are brother and sister.)

Female Student: (What? Brother and sister? That doesn't sound right, does it?)

Male Student: (Shit! Otome-sempai is mine!)

I could hear people talking about us behind our backs.

I felt so uncomfortable.

Otome: By the way, Otouto-kun, are you free after this?

She tilted her head.

Everyone got quiet all at once and tried to listen in.

All the male students looked at me, anticipating a proper response.

Male Student: (You better not say anythin stupid.)

I know, I know.

Yoshiyuki: S-Sorry, I have something I have to take care of.

Otome: I see, that's too bad... Oh well.

She drooped.

Male Student: (How dare you disappoint Otome-sempai!)

What the hell do I say, then?!

Somebody, help me please...

Mayuki: Come on, Otome. Let's get back to work.

Otome: Ah, Mayuki.

Thank God for you, Mayuki-sempai.

I saw a hal above her head.

Mayuki: I don't mind you taking care of your beloved Otouto-kun, but we need to get our work done too.

Otome: I know, but...

Mayuki: No buts! Come on, everyone is waiting for you. SOrry, Otouto-kun, I have to take Otome away from you.

Yoshiyuki: Sure, go right ahead.

I waved my hand.

Otome: Ah, Otouto-kun!

Mayuki-sempai dragged Oto-nee by the collar.

Otome: I'll come over again to fix dinner for you later. Let's eat together.

Oto-nee delivered the final blow to me with a smile as she was dragged by Mayuki-sempai.

Yoshiyuki: .........

The air around me froze.

I felt hands on my shoulders.

Yoshiyuki: Ah, Wataru-sama?

His hands were grabbing my shoulders so tightly, they were about to crush my shoulders.

Wataru: We have plenty of time. Let's talk about this, okay?

The guys around me nodded at the same time.

Ahh, I guess this is the final curtain on my life.

Anzu: ...Hahh.

Anzu gave a sigh of amazement from next to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment